Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician II-Production Test (661027) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician II – Test
Support RF Antenna System Testing Activities in a production repetitive-build environment.
What you’ll do:
- Test and troubleshoot RF antenna / electronic systems.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce and record data; perform mathematical calculations.
- Set-up and operate test fixtures and environmental test chambers.
- Read, comprehend, and execute schematics, drawings, specifications and procedures for complex electrical systems.
- Maintain required logs, records, manuals, and reports in accordance with program requirements; company policies and government regulations.
- Support internal and external audits of quality and process procedures.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- May make continuous improvement suggestions and participate in initiatives to improve productivity and process efficiency.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School and 4 or more years or a two-year technical degree and 2 years or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented atmosphere with assemblers, technicians and engineers completing tasks and communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, within a RF manufacturing organization.
- Must have a good mechanical aptitude, dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Very experienced in using typical electronic manufacturing / test equipment including oscilloscopes, DMM, power supplies, etc.
- Must have the ability to apply significant computer skills to access and input data via computer interface, automated equipment, or test equipment. Will collect and analyze computer data and make data based decisions.
- Must be able to perform acceptance testing and troubleshooting to board assembly level.
- Willingness to be trained in other areas of production where the level of competency may be less than substantial.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious and a conscientious individual that can thrive in a challenging and dynamic work environment.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in manufacturing work environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician II-Production Test (661027)
Job ID: 661027
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time