Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician I-Production (660873) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician I - Production
What you'll do:
- Perform basic, routine or standard manufacturing and assembly tasks in a production environment, by following documented work instruction.
- Responsible to perform basic manufacturing tasks that are considered standard or routine and complete them in a timely and accurate manner. Tasks will likely include cleaning, parts/materials preparation, basic mechanical assembly, and potting.
- Apply a basic and learned level of knowledge and skills in hardware assembly and basic manufacturing operations.
- Apply a good mechanical aptitude, with good dexterity and hand/eye coordination.
- Apply a basic competency in use of hand tools, assembly tooling and general manufacturing equipment.
- Apply basic computer skills to access and input data via computer interface.
- Apply basic reading and comprehension skills to follow documented build instruction.
- May assist in more technically difficult manufacturing activities as part of training and development.
- Work effectively in a team environment, referring questions and problems to higher level technicians.
- Work will be inspected for completeness and accuracy.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious, responsive, and a conscientious individual.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform shift and weekend work as required.
- Requires good mechanical aptitude and hand/eye coordination.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.