Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Specialist (660903) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Develop the standard configuration of documents, and procedures as the point of contact for the Aerospace Manufacturing Center rapid prototyping assets and test chambers.
What you’ll do:
- Perform preventative maintenance, document results and use statistical analysis tools to verify system compliance.
- Troubleshoot and repair noncompliant characteristics.
- Interact with internal customers, assist in the test set-up, perform the test, and train new users to maintain asset operational standards and performance reliability.
- Test and troubleshoot RF, electronic and SW subsystems or individual components with appropriate test equipment.
- Perform statistical process control analysis for RF subsystems and verify conformance on a periodic frequency.
- Develop processes and procedures essential to maintain standard configurations, test set-up and equipment usage using standard Ball Aerospace processes.
- Review system data and recommend action to address unique or complex technical inaccuracies.
- Provide advanced instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques.
- Participate in industry-wide working groups or seminars and be recognized by industry experts and suppliers.
- Participate in customer specific test set-ups and data collection.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School and 12 or more years, or a two-year technical degree with 10 or more years of RF microwave experience.
- Aptitude in mechanical, electronic, and electrical systems with the ability to repair minor failures.
- Effective communications and regular interaction with higher level management, internal and external customers.
- RF testing experience, with but not limited to, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, anechoic test chambers, antenna radiation patterns, high power (hundreds of watts) testing.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Job requires physical and lifting mobility.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
*Working Conditions: *
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.