Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Administrator II (661008) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Systems Administrator II - Temporary Full-Time
We are seeking a Systems Administrator II with the focus of Microsoft Windows and VMware infrastructure experience. In this role, the systems administrator will work on a team supporting program initiatives in secure, isolated computing environments. The systems administrator will be expected to team with peers, internal customers, and management to strengthen the consistency and standardization of IT infrastructure services to achieve operational excellence and program success. While this position is an individual contributor role, collaboration and strong technical knowledge and skills will be essential attributes.
What You'll Do:
- Interface with internal customers, security, and management teams for maintaining production systems, resolving issues with services and physical systems.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Windows-based servers on physical and virtual platforms in support of program initiatives.
- Support VDI environments and engineering focused teams.
- Execute troubleshooting skills to address stability objectives both reactively and proactively.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching, virus updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
*What You'll Need: *
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Strong documentation skills, organization skills, and the ability to interact with team members cross-functionally.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization and project management/project coordination skills.
- Experience should include expertise in planning, configuring, maintaining, patching and monitoring in a Microsoft Windows server environment running Windows Server versions 2008R2/2012.
- Strong expertise with intel-based server class and workstation hardware.
- Strong expertise with VMware virtualization products (Horizon View, Composer, UEM, vSphere 5/6.x/ESXI, vCenter, vRealize Operations Manager).
- Expertise with Microsoft Active Directory 2008/2012, including domain administration, creating, testing, and implementing group policies, and maintaining user and computer objects.
- Expertise troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and related connectivity issues.
- Experience with Windows7 & 10 x64 Enterprise OS imaging, installation, and support using SCCM and/or Horizon VDI pools for linked/instant clones.
- Proficiency with Powershell scripting and execution.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010.
- Experience with engineering applications such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, HFSS, National Instruments, I-DEAS.
- Experience with specialized network environments (air gapped, limited access).
- Experience with Linux servers, bash scripting and support is beneficial.
- Understanding of FLEX-LM or Sentinel software license management tools is preferred.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows High Performance Computing (HPC) clusters is desired.
- Experience with SCCM and WSUS infrastructure for patch management as well as application deployments is preferred.
- Experience with vGPU enabled VDI using Nvidia K2/M60 cards for OpenGL access.
- Knowledge and or skills with Teradici zero clients and management interfaces.
- Familiarity with Symantec products for end point management.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Systems Administrator II (661008)
Job ID: 661008
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time