Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Phased Array Circuit Design Engineer (658337) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Phased Array Circuit Design Engineer
What you’ll do:
- Interface with customers and perform the following tasks:
- Understand customer’s antenna subsystem requirements
- Create system interface specifications
- Understand and analyze performance simulations on different designs
- Be responsible for design, integration and demonstration of hardware
- Design circuit architecture to control and support radiating elements for overall array performance.
- Investigate new technologies and applications for phased arrays.
- Apply knowledge of broad engineering principles and collaborate with other engineering disciplines to meet all product requirements.
- Organize design effort on technically challenging designs to meet cost and schedule requirements.
- Work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining the technical objectives of an assignment.
- Represent the organization as the prime technical contact on projects.
- Mentor and guide junior-level engineers in the design, build and test of phased array sub-systems.
- Write technically sound proposals and estimate related design costs and schedules.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or a related technical field is required, plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Full competency in core phased array design skills and figures of merit for applications including high data rate communications, RADAR, and other applications of radiated RF emissions.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with people at all levels, meet regularly with customers, provide leadership to internal groups and teams, and provide guidance to less-experienced employees.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to support frequent internal and external presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to successful producibility and cost targets of designs and to development program cost, budget, and schedule control.
- Hands-on experience in microwave circuit modeling tools, such as AWR Microwave Office, Keysight ADS, Ansys HFSS, or Ansys Designer.
- Hands-on experience with the realization of modelled hardware and failure isolation, analysis and correction in prototype phases of design.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Phased Array Circuit Design Engineer (658337)
Job ID: 658337
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time