Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Program Manager II (660616) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Program Manager II for Tactical Solutions (TS) Programs
Manage development and/or production programs within the organization. The TS business consist of dynamic and highly technical programs with emphasis on design, fabrication and test of tactical RF systems, imaging systems, mechanisms, laser systems and tactical cryogenic applications.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for overall program leadership, direction and guidance that ensures successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW) and Technical Specifications.
- Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets and program schedules.
- Define, secure, organize and direct staff, resources, standards, processes, procedures and tools essential for the successful completion of a program.
- Provide sound leadership and team-building to motivate, influence and effectively apply the program staff.
- Develop good internal/external communication systems.
- Act as the main interface with the Customer and main Ball representative on all program related subjects.
- Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and subcontractors.
- Resolve conflicts, demands and priorities on assigned programs.
- Recognize, develop, and work to win potential follow-on work, increased scope, and additional programs within the appropriate program Customer contacts.
- Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans-forward, escalation and increased resources, as required.
- Communicate program status to Upper Management.
- Manage and support proposals, as required.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- A BS/BA degree in engineering, physics or a related field, plus 12 or more years of program related experience including design, fabrication, test and management.
- Experience in program and procurement management responsibilities for tactical hardware. Experience with subcontract management and supplier oversight a plus.
- Existing or ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance is required.
- Demonstrate ability to work successfully with demanding customers, difficult schedules, and technically challenging projects.
- A self-starter with the ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget and schedule issues at the detail level.
- Comfortable and competent with MS Office computer tools including: WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT and OFFICE.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation development and delivery skills.
- Ability to utilize standard program status tools including:
- Earned Value (EV) and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) including variance reporting
- Program performance reporting status including program highlights, Cost Performance Index (CPI), Schedule Performance Index (SPI), schedule progress, technical status and Customer Relations.
- Technical Performance Metrics (TPM’s) including current progress of key technical performance parameters against requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the risk and opportunity management process as related to program plan.
- Thorough understanding of Change Control process to control, monitor and resolve internal and external changes related to Program plan.
- Understanding of RF components and systems.
- Acquisition, Pointing and Tracking system design experience.
- Business Development or New Business Experience.
- Proposal Management experience including familiarity with government requirements.
- Familiar with general government contractual requirements.
- Experienced with an ISO 9001 environment.
- Ability to lead and effectively negotiate program awards.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.