Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Planner I - Manufacturing (661476) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Manufacturing Execution Planner
Perform manufacturing planning tasks associated with the development and/or repetitive manufacture of complex aerospace products.
What you’ll do:
- Requisition materials for production programs using internal system tools.
- Use existing business systems (including Material Requirements Planning (MRP); material and shop floor status reporting).
- Plan project materials (reservations, transfers, excess material, etc.) and resources for low-rate and full-rate production products utilizing both manual and MRP internal tools.
- Interface with scheduling group to coordinate and schedule service centers and support labs in support of program manufacturing schedules.
- Kitting/staging the movement/expedite of materials, components and assemblies between manufacturing operations (both in-house and at outside suppliers).
- Determine process steps / routing sequence (with consultation from Manufacturing Engineering) to complete and manage shop orders per Quality Business System (QBS) requirements.
- Coordinate planning needs with procurement, design, manufacturing, and quality assurance engineering personnel as required.
- Provide program status (procurement, cost, schedule status) to engineers, work center leads, and program management in support of program schedules.
- Support work area performance metrics including 100% “on-time delivery.”
- Work with management and other team members to achieve the desired results.
- Follow work instructions / guidelines IAW the Quality Business System.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 6 years or more related experience.
- Strong Customer-Service skills.
- Overall understanding of BOM and product structure for assigned programs.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Planner I - Manufacturing (661476)
Job ID: 661476
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time