Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Shops & Service Center Technician I (660744) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Manufacturing Shops & Service Center Technician I
Provide cross-functional support across the Manufacturing Shops and Service Center work centers. The primary assignment will be in the Paint work center; however, cross-training and flexing to the other work centers will be a core responsibility of this position.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare hardware for subsequent paint operations; these operations include, but are not limited to:
- Read and interpret mechanical blue prints to determine surface preparation, masking, and painting requirements.
- Surface preparation for painting operations; detailed masking; transportation of hardware between campuses; packaging hardware to maintain critical levels of cleanliness; handling of critical hardware; operation of paint equipment and ovens; and, preparation of paint for application to hardware.
- Work with solvents, acids and bases, and using personal protective equipment, gloves, and safety glasses is required.
- Support other Manufacturing Shops and Service Centers, including but not limited to:
- Perform all tasks associated with preparing, cutting, packaging, and delivery of materials cut on the Flashcut machine (primarily film adhesvies)
- Bag assemblies to prepare for autoclave bonding
- Operate autoclave vessels
- Unbag assemblies after bonding
- Lay-up assemblies and prepare for bagging operations
- Printed Circuit (PC):
- Perform a variety of tasks associated with the manufacture of Printed Antenna Boards (PAB’s) and preparation of materials/products for subsequent bonding and painting operations. Handle, dispense, transport, mix and work with lab chemicals, hazardous materials and hazardous waste products.
- Metal Finish:
- Anodizing, chromate conversion coating, etching and passivation. Exact masking standards are required for many of the processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Ability to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Previous experience working on delicate or critical hardware and in cleanrooms or clean benches is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Ability to perform work area maintenance activities including area organization, chemical handling and chemical replenishment.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Manufacturing Shops & Service Center Technician I (660744)
Job ID: 660744
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time