Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace In Process Quality Inspector (660994) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
In Process Quality Inspector
To provide inspection of materials, articles, processes, or tests in order to assure compliance to established requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Develop & maintain working knowledge of Ball Process Library.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of First Article Inspection Reports, as required.
- Accept or reject materials or articles; identify and document non-conformances to engineering, specifications, & standards and notify appropriate personnel of potential rejection of items
- Apply/enforce/comprehend accept/reject criteria and revision status from engineering drawings, MIL-specs, screening specs, or process certification training.
- Witness or monitor functional/performance testing at sub-assembly and/or end-item level.
- Obtain and maintain all certification process certifications required for assigned tasks.
- Perform Final Inspection and review documentation required for end-item shipments.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customer counterparts, within the department, the programs/workcenters and the company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience.
- Basic level of competency in Quality Control (QC) principles, tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers, etc.), and standards.
- Ability to identify QC related issues for resolution as needed.
- Initiative and ability to grow in independence in areas of expertise and knowledge.
- Familiarity with basic computer usage for data entry and required employee interaction (i.e. email, timekeeping, inspection results).
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- May also perform functions in various work centers.
- Travel is required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: In Process Quality Inspector (660994)
Job ID: 660994
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time