Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Advanced Systems Manager II (660338) in Westminster, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Advanced Systems Manager II
*Capture Lead – Advanced Imaging Sensors and Systems *
What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of engineers and related staff focused on capturing advanced imaging sensors and systems programs within the Tactical Solutions (TS) Business unit.
- Direct innovative research and establish industrial partnerships necessary to effectively compete in advanced imaging sensors and systems markets.
- Access market potential and develop investment plans to penetrate new markets.
- Establish and track budgets for capture team.
- Aid in development and implementation of five year strategic plan for Tactical advanced imaging sensors and systems.
- Establish and meet sales goals within this area.
- Responsible for developing and executing IRAD strategy within this area.
- Responsible for coordinating and preparing related proposal activities.
- Fostering innovative design approaches and rapid prototyping within Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp. (BATC) procedures and policies.
- Coordinate customer contacts with key government and industry customers including CERDEC, NVESD, AFRL, ONR, NRL and DARPA.
- Provide leadership, knowledge, business opportunities, strategies, competitive intelligence, market and legislative forecasts commensurate with BATC financial and strategic plans relative to the purpose noted above.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree in a related field, plus 10 or more years of experience in defense or a related industry. Advanced degree is preferred.
- A current Secret security clearance is required.
- Strong program management skills and demonstrated ability to grow new business opportunities.
- Strong programmatic background with government or industry is desirable.
- Knowledge of government acquisition strategy.
- Demonstrated experience in leading design teams and new business capture activities.
- Must be a superb presenter with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to lead proposals including strong technical writing skills.
- Must have demonstrated excellent leadership and interpersonal skills in relevant business environments.
- Influencing, communication and team skills will be critical to successful execution of the duties of the position.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Advanced Systems Manager II (660338)
Job ID: 660338
Location: CO - Westminster
Full/Part Time: Full-Time