Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our approximately 15,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball''s high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball''s largest business is the manufacture of recyclable beverage cans and ends. A lot of engineering and technology goes into making beverage packaging at speeds of more than 2,000 cans a minute. We operate beverage can facilities in the Americas, Europe and Asia - about one in every four beverage cans in the world is made by Ball - and our products are used by the most recognizable beverage brands in the world.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, test, modify and maintain high-speed, industrial process equipment for can making, power, lighting, control, and logic circuits for all production process and support equipment according to engineering specifications.
- Troubleshoot, adjust and repair all electrical equipment, solid state circuits, components, logic boards, transducers, amplifiers and complex timing and inspection devices.
- Performs preventative maintenance on assigned electrical systems.
- Identify inefficiencies and potential electrical problems and coordinate through supervisor to resolve.
- Diagnose causes of malfunctions and corrects through programmable logic controls. Ensures efficient equipment operation through proper line control programming and proactively suggests methods to improve line performance.
- Install and troubleshoot facility power distribution and lighting services.
- Update wiring schematics and computer program printouts.
- Other duties as required by your supervisor.
*Position Requirements: *
- Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) experience is required (Allen-Bradley PLC programming preferred).
- Five years’ experience in process electrical troubleshooting, design or repair.
- Manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Broad training in a related field acquired through post high school education or an apprenticeship program.
- Working knowledge of: solid state circuitry, electronics, electrical-mechanical devices, transmission systems, interface units, AC/DC motors, wiring diagrams and schematics, computers and inspection and digital devices.
- Familiarity with electrical schematics, ladder logic, and voltages up to 480 VAC/500 VDC.
- Successful candidate is expected to be capable of working alone on a monthly rotating shift after six months of exposure to our system.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools, and electronic test equipment.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.