Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Software Engineer I (660676) in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace is a prime contractor leading development teams at AFRL and NASIC. Dayton personnel develop advanced hardware and software systems and provide management services to solve customer problems and create new capabilities. This includes designing and developing software tools and threat models, performing extensive data analyses, and executing modeling and simulations using both internally developed and standard models.
Systems Engineering Solutions provides technical and professional services to defense, intelligence, homeland security and space science markets.
Software Engineer I
Support a large scale software development program (70+ developers) applying experience and knowledge with modern User Interface (UI) technologies as applied to enterprise space system management, command and control. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in an agile development environment as part of a multi-discipline team and ready to have significant impact on the user experience.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain enterprise level applications.
- Support development of UI software systems as a member of the UI development team.
- Translate derived requirements into UI designs and implementation.
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes, and provide feedback on designs.
- Create and execute software designs for key UI components of new functionality as part of the software project.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- A current Top Secret clearance is required.
- Demonstrated proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of a UI developer supporting an Enterprise level application.
- Ability to support UI design and development in a fast paced environment, leveraging continuous development, testing, and deployment into the customer environment.
- Experience with OpenGL.
- Ability to learn and develop with new SDKs/IDEs leveraging Open Source
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with internal cross-functional team members and end user customers.
- Experience in Agile tools such as JIRA or VersionOne.
- Ability to multi-task.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Software Engineer I (660676)
Job ID: 660676
Location: CO - Colorado Springs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time