Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician II - Environmental Stress Screening (661326) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician II – Test
Work in the Environmental Stress Screening Test Operations Lab in a team oriented atmosphere with technicians and engineers. _The number of hours worked will vary depending on the department's workload._
What you’ll do:
- Work in the ESS lab running vibration and thermal test profiles per customer requirements.
- Process hardware of a developmental, prototype, or critical nature.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data. Perform mathematical calculations.
- Support of other Test Operations labs will be required depending on the department’s workload and staffing needs.
- Read, comprehend, and execute technical process specifications, procedures, and standards.
- Respond quickly to immediate tasks in the area of functional disciplines and develop cross functional skills.
- Maintain electronic build records, required data logs, records, and reports in accordance with company policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance requirements.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with management, customers, and internal / external auditors.
- Complete tasks and communicate effectively, both orally and written, within environmental test work centers.
- Deliver work with a keen attention to cost and schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 2 years or more related experience is required.
- Willingness to obtain a security clearance is required.
- Completing and passing the certifications is required for this position. Specialized certifications such as clean rooms, fall protection, confined space and ESD.
- Environmental testing experience e.g., Vibration, Thermal Cycling.
- Good mechanical aptitude, with solid dexterity and hand/eye coordination to work with hand tools.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and basic knowledge of databases are needed.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge is required.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious, and a conscientious individual with a very high attention to detail.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- Must be willing to cross train in other Test Operation Work Centers.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician II - Environmental Stress Screening (661326)
Job ID: 661326
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time