Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Specialist II (660644) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
ESS Technical Specialist II - Test
The ESS Technical Specialist II will support the operational needs of production and developmental environmental stress screening for the Tactical Solutions Business Unit located at the Aerospace Manufacturing Center (AMC) facility. Work in the Environmental Stress Screening Test Operations Lab in a team oriented atmosphere with technicians and engineers.
What You’ll Do:
- Work in the ESS lab running vibration and thermal test profiles per customer requirements.
- Process hardware of a developmental, prototype, or critical nature.
- Troubleshoot hardware or assemblies; check and modify chambers or fixtures.
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data. Perform mathematical calculations.
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend action to address unique and complex technical situations.
- Provide advanced instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques to other employees, and may develop / improve processes and procedures essential to work centers and specific projects.
- Make continuous improvement suggestions, participate and lead such projects.
- Coordinate and lead the work of lower level employees to assure task completion.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance requirements.
- May provide detailed written input for design reviews, proposals, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- Maintain electronic build records, required data logs, records, and reports in accordance with Ball Aerospace policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Support capital improvement projects with cost analysis, process documentation and program leadership / execution.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with management, customers, and internal / external auditors.
- Completing tasks and communicating effectively, both orally and written, within environmental test work centers.
- Deliver work with a keen attention to cost and schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Support of other Test Operations labs will be required depending on the department’s workload and staffing needs.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 14 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 12 or more years of related experience.
- Willingness to obtain a DoD security clearance is required.
- Have a working knowledge of thermal and vibration instrumentation including accelerometers, charge amplifiers, signal conditioners, force sensors, oscilloscopes, TRMS voltmeters, and low/high pass filters.
- Familiarity with digital vibration and thermal control systems.
- Training in MATLAB, AUTOCAD and any additional training in fixture design, IDEAS Test or modal analysis is a plus.
- Good mechanical aptitude, with solid dexterity and hand/eye coordination to work with hand tools.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and basic knowledge of databases are needed.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge is required.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious, and a conscientious individual with a very high attention to detail.
- Must enjoy working in a process controlled environment. Capable of executing to technical process specifications, procedures and standards.
- General understanding of calibrated equipment is preferred.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.