Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Instrument System Engineer - Electro Optical (659413) - Security clearance required in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Instrument System Engineer – Electro Optical
What you’ll do:
- Provide technical knowledge and system engineering skills in the development of airborne and space-based remote sensing systems.
- Integral part of a engineering team through the development of new and/or refine existing instrument systems.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the team, the customer, the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Participate in the development of innovative optical and laser remote sensing solutions and architectures for DOD NASA, NOAA and Commercial markets.
- Support Advanced Program development with writing and briefing proposals, responding to RFIs, writing white papers, and participating / leading proposal reviews.
- Support engineering activities and advise on improvement of existing products
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- MS in Physics/Engineering Systems or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Current Top Secret security clearance required.
- Experience with recent advances in lasers, electro-optics and/or photonics preferred.
- Proven track record in producibility of designs with cost, budget, and schedule constraints for self and others is essential.
- Ability to develop relationships with key science, program, and engineering personnel from Government and academia.
- Awareness and management of system-level issues.
- Knowledge of modeling tools and techniques to predict and budget system performance.
- New business development experience, including successful customer interaction, is desired.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Instrument System Engineer - Electro Optical (659413) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 659413
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time