Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Security Awareness Training & Education (SATE) Coordinator (661675) - Security clearance required in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Security Awareness Training & Education (SATE) Coordinator
What You’ll Do:
- Develop, implement and enforce program security standard operating procedures.
- Apply experience in supporting security concepts, principles and practices to analyze and resolve security issues.
- Participate on proposal teams as the security SME, interpret proposal security requirement, author proposal security volume and provide BOEs to proposal manager.
- Provide review of customer required security plans to include AIS, CONOPS, OPSEC, area usage standard practices and procedures. Interface with program management and ensure compliance with established program security plans and customer directives.
- Perform contracting administration duties regarding the distribution and accountability of DD Form 254s.
- Maintain personnel security files and suspense logs for all phases of the personnel security clearance process. Need to be proficient in JPAS, eQIP and SWFT applications.
- Support implementation and verification of classified Information Technology security systems.
- Pass and receive visit certifications.
- Classification management (document review; maintain receipt and dispatch records, applied marking and handling requirements for classified storage and shipments).
- Perform self-inspections as required by government regulations i.e. (JAFAN, NISPOM, DCID, ICD standards) and participate in customer audits and inspections.
- Provide cross-functional team and multiple-facility support.
- Provide additional program support as deemed necessary.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Analyze and evaluate training needs of the Ball Aerospace enterprise to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Plan, develop, and provide training and personal development courses for security staff and enterprise members, using knowledge of the effectiveness of methods such as classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Develop and organize instructional materials, such as lesson plans, training manuals, multimedia visual aids, handouts, and other educational materials. Interview subject matter experts or conduct research to develop instructional content. Develop master course documentation or manuals per applicable accreditation, certification, or other requirements.
- Conduct orientation sessions and arrange on-the-job training for new hires.
- Assess effectiveness and efficiency of instruction according to ease of instructional technology use and student learning, knowledge transfer, and satisfaction. Create measurement tools to evaluate the effectiveness of instruction or training courses.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field, plus 2 or more years of related experience in program security and training and development with related experience in special program security execution and management, to include, Facility Security Officer (FSO), Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO), and/or Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO).
- Working knowledge of applicable U.S. government regulatory guidance concerning special program security management and information assurance to include National Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), Department of Defense (DoD) Instruction 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF), all Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs) relevant to contractor program execution, the Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), DoD Manual 5205.07, Special Access Program (SAP) Manual 1-4, and the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) Acquisition Manual (NSM).
- Certifications within critical functional areas are highly encouraged; Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC), Industrial Security Professional (ISP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Special Program Security Certification (SPSC).
- Progressively responsible experience in program security.
- Current Top Secret security clearance required.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative, a hard worker who can work independently and as a member of a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills and dynamic presentation ability.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite, PC version, JPAS, eQIP, SWFT.
- Experience using database management tools such as MS Access, SIMS and various communications software applications for electronic file transfer is also required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in a multi-building office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Security Awareness Training & Education (SATE) Coordinator (661675) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 661675
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time