Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Information Systems Security Officer Associate (660581) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Information Systems Security Officer Associate
What You’ll Do:
- Generate, Manage and Maintain the Risk Management Framework documentation for multiple computers / networks.
- Develop and administer users’ security briefings to ensure all users are aware of all requirements of the SSP.
- Provide advice, guidance, and assistance to senior management, AIS managers, system users, and custodians relative to AIS security matters.
- Schedule, conduct, and administer security tests and evaluations programs to ensure that all the applicable AIS are operating in accordance with security requirements.
- Maintain a configuration management system to track and control all components of AIS used in support of classified programs.
- Identify, evaluate, and document all AIS and other equipment to ensure compliance with red/black engineering and Emanations Security requirements.
- Perform audits of all AIS, investigation anomalies, and record and report findings, as required. Coordinate and/or conduct detailed inquiries; assess potential damage; and develop, document, implement, and monitor corrective action plans. Perform data spill containment and clean up per customer direction.
- Perform self-inspections as required by government regulations and participate in customer audits and inspections.
- Research software to be used on classified systems and coordinate the use as required by customer regulations.
- Analyze, interpret, and verify AIS disaster recovery/contingency plans to assure the rapid recovery of AIS in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Perform other functions as designated or delegated by Security Management.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, the Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field.
- Current Top Secret Clearance is required.
- Security +, CISSP or other DoD 8570 Compliant Certification or the ability to obtain either within 1 year of employment.
- Familiarity with Joint SAP Implementation Guide (JSIG) and the Risk Management Framework process.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in a multi-building office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.