Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II - Mechanical (660889) - Current Security Clearance Required in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer II – Mechanical – Current Security Clearance Required
What you’ll do:
- Mechanical engineering design of spacecraft and/or precision aerospace electro-mechanical, and/or opto-mechanical flight hardware systems, antenna communication systems, tactical video systems, components and/or ground support equipment, from concept through detail design.
- Duties include CAD modeling, design analysis, drafting, and occasional integration and test support.
- Work in a team environment created by interaction with other engineers, designers, and drafters and people from other disciplines.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Five or more years of directly applicable experience with mechanical engineering design of precision aerospace electro-mechanical, and/or opto-mechanical flight hardware systems such as Gimbals; Fast Steering Mirrors; Focus Mechanisms; Solar Array Drives; Filter Wheels; Aperture Doors; Latch Mechanisms; BAPTAs-SMAs-Flex Capsules-Slip Rings; Deployment Mechanisms; Various Actuators; Launch Restraints; Various Magnetics; MEMs; Position Sensing; and Bearing/Gear Analysis is preferred.
- Demonstrated creativity in mechanical engineering design and design analysis capability.
- Effective written and oral communication of technical information required.
- Knowledge of Product Data Management System (for example: AGILE) is preferred.
- Current Top Secret clearance with a current favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.