Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer I-Configuration and Data Management (660630) in Broomfield, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer I - Configuration and Data Management
What you’ll do:
- Provide configuration and data management (C&DM;) support for multiple programs.
- Develop plans to implement C&DM; requirements on programs.
- Arrange configuration control board meetings, coordinate engineering drawing review and sign-off.
- Establish and maintain required configuration records.
- Utilize basic engineering and configuration and data management procedures.
- Operate, input and manage configuration and documentation status using electronic systems.
- Prepare and ship data items in accordance with contract requirements. Prepare letters of transmittal.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings.
- Support Systems Engineering requirements and data management.
- Assist in preparation for customer meetings.
- Support program staff in understanding and utilization of database tools and processes.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience is required, plus 2 or more years Configuration and Data Management or Logistics Experience.
- Effective communication, facilitator and team skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to review and assess data integrity against standards, and train others to understand and adhere to those standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new databases.
- Utilization of DOORs or similar tool for requirements management desired.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Engineer I-Configuration and Data Management (660630)
Job ID: 660630
Location: CO - Broomfield
Full/Part Time: Full-Time