Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician III-Equipment Maintenance (660636) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Technician III – Equipment Maintenance *
What you’ll do:
- Perform a variety of maintenance assignments requiring knowledge of production equipment, specialized test equipment, or other technical applications at the Westminster, Broomfield, and Boulder facilities.
- Assist and support engineering, production, test departments, etc. in the service, repair, and testing of a wide variety of manufacturing and test systems; provide guidance for maintaining and servicing the equipment; develop solutions that minimize downtime for complex problems and author and execute maintenance plans using a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Develop and maintain resources for parts and service maintenance activities
- Will work on a wide variety of equipment and, therefore, should have experience with some or all of the following:
- Refrigeration Controls
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Controls/PLC Systems
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Working inside Clean Rooms
- Environmental Testing/Screening Equipment
- High-Vacuum Systems
- Machining and Metal Working Equipment
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 6 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 4 or more years of related experience is required.
- Applicants should be able to perform duties without appreciable direction and exercise considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments. Completed work will be reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a security clearance.
- The ideal candidate is comfortable working both individually and as a contributing member of a small, highly-productive team.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician III-Equipment Maintenance (660636)
Job ID: 660636
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time