Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technician II-Production (659893) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technician II – Production
What you’ll do:
- Fabricate highly reliable aerospace harnesses for Flight and non-Flight applications.
- Execute standards, practices, and procedures to meet product / program requirements.
- Soldering, crimping, shield terminations, encapsulation and complex harness repair operations as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma plus 4 or more years of related experience. Or a 2-year technical degree with 2 or more years of related experience.
- Must be able to obtain or be currently certified to: Workmanship Requirmens for Electronics and Cable Assemblies in accordance with IPC J-STD-001, IPC J-STD-001 with Space Addendum, IPC/WHMA-A-620, and NASA-STD-8739.4; Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) in accordance with ANSI S20.20; and Polymerics use and application .
- Must know how to read and interpret drawings, schematics, and complex assembly instructions in order to fabricate harnesses.
- Competencies in soldering, crimping, shield termination as well as complex cable rework / repair operations . Must be able to perform operations on very small wire gauges under a microscope.
- Ability to use handheld testing equipment (ex. DMM) to verify harness construction.
- Experience with connector care, mating, de-mating, cleaning, identification, and inspection .
- Aerospace, clean room and flow bench and experience working with critical Flight hardware is preferred. Will cross-train with other tasks across the organization .
- Ability to work complex processes efficiently with little supervision.
- Ability to work in a lab/production environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of program personnel and management is required .
- Must be able to use MicroSoft Windows, MicroSoft Office (incuding Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technician II-Production (659893)
Job ID: 659893
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time