Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Specialist Associate-Test Operations (661009) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Technical Specialist Associate – Test Operations
Support the operational needs of the Environmental Test Labs. Work in the Thermal Vacuum and Climatics Test Lab in a team oriented atmosphere with technicians and engineers. Primary responsibility will be running thermal vacuum and climatic test profiles per customer requirements.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct tests; monitor, analyze, reduce, and record data. Perform mathematical calculations.
- Process hardware of a developmental, prototype, or critical nature.
- Lead small tasks: (Test procedure review, CAPEX projects, 6S projects, facility upgrades).
- Test and troubleshoot subsystems, components, instruments, and / or mechanisms for testing production products; check and modify chambers or fixtures.
- Apply significant computer skills to access & input data via computer interface, automated equipment or test equipment.
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend action to address unique and complex technical situations.
- Provide advanced instruction and training on specialized procedures and techniques to other employees, and may develop / improve processes and procedures essential to work centers and specific projects.
- Make continuous improvement suggestions, participate and lead such projects.
- Coordinate and lead the work of lower level employees to assure task completion.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications, and procedures for completeness and compliance requirements.
- Provide detailed written input for design reviews, proposals, specifications, work standards, and business processes.
- Assist in the development or preparation of schematics, designs and specifications.
- Maintain electronic build records, required data logs, records, and reports in accordance with company policies and procedures, and government regulations.
- Support capital improvement projects with cost analysis, process documentation and program leadership / execution.
- Implement EHS processes and procedures; recognize safety hazards, including hazardous materials, and pursue corrective action when necessary.
- Demonstrate effective communication and regular interaction with management, customers, and internal / external auditors.
- Complete tasks and communicate effectively, both orally and written, within environmental test work centers.
- Deliver work with a keen attention to cost and schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Support of other Test Operations labs will be required depending on the department’s workload and staffing needs.
- Operate company owned vehicles as required.
- Maintain valid driver’s license and good motor vehicle record.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Must be willing to support a flexible second and/or third shift and weekend shift schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 10 or more years of related experience or a related 2-year technical degree and 8 or more years of related experience.
- Existing security clearance is a plus.
- Working knowledge of vacuum chambers and thermal testing.
- Familiarity with thermal control systems.
- Training in SolidWorks and LabVIEW or other programming a plus.
- Good mechanical aptitude, with solid dexterity and hand/eye coordination to work with hand tools.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft office (Word, Excel) and basic knowledge of databases are needed.
- Basic Mechanical, Electrical and/or Aerospace knowledge is required.
- Must be a self-starter, ambitious, and a conscientious individual with a very high attention to detail.
- Must enjoy working in a process controlled environment. Capable of executing to technical process specifications, procedures and standards.
- General understanding of calibrated equipment is preferred.
- Any vibration or EMC / EMI experience a plus.
- Will be required to get company certifications to operate a fork lift, overhead crane, ESD, Fall Protection, Cleanroom, and LOTO.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and work with heavy equipment, tooling and fixtures.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, clean room, laboratory, manufacturing floor or machine shop environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Specialist Associate-Test Operations (661009)
Job ID: 661009
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time