Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Intern-Electrical Engineering (661507) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Ball Aerospace 2018 Summer Intern Program:
The Ball Aerospace Internship Program is a ten week summer program that provides interns with practical experience working on relevant projects while working with designated mentors; access to state-of-the-art equipment; a competitive wage; relocation reimbursement; in-house training; group activities; possible future employment and the ability to participate in a rocket launch (BIRST) program. At the conclusion of your internship, you will be required to prepare and deliver a formal presentation of your project work to your respective department.
Technical Intern – Electrical Engineering
What You´ll Do:
- Design, develop, test, and integrate electrical modules for ground based systems and/or flight systems.
- Perform instrument and/or spacecraft modeling, simulation, design, analysis, hardware testing, and/or laboratory research.
- Work in a team environment assisting full-time electrical engineers.
- Build upon university acquired knowledge to solve actual engineering problems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- You must have completed your sophomore or junior year and be enrolled in a degree program for the fall of 2018. We will also accept graduating seniors enrolled in a post graduate program.
- A declared major of Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a similar engineering program with a focus on Electrical.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated interest in design and analysis through school projects and hobbies.
- Experience with at least 1 team project.
- Experience with at least 2 electrical engineering classes that required a lab or long-term project.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired:
- Analog Circuit Design
- Digital Circuit Design
- Power Circuit Design
- FPGA code development
- Matlab or similar modeling tool.
- ORCAD or similar schematic capture tool.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Intern-Electrical Engineering (661507)
Job ID: 661507
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time