Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Technical Aide - Manufacturing Fall 2017 (661479) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*This is a Temporary Part-Time position*
Technical Aide – Manufacturing
What You´ll Do:
- Participate in developing manufacturing plans including build documentation, work flow design, layout, optimization and resource utilization for high mix / low volume builds.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Utilize manufacturing process data to develop historical and future looking assessments of resources, including equipment & manpower resources.
- Document work flow standards in process centers and may participate in developing training
- Work will be performed under the supervision of higher level engineers and managers, part time, during the school year.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You´ll Need:
- To be eligible to apply you must be have completed your Sophomore year and be enrolled in a degree program for the Fall of 2017. We will accept applications from Juniors, Seniors, and individuals who have completed at least 1 semester of their Senior year. We will also accept post Graduate applications.
- Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree field such as mechanical, aerospace or chemical engineering.
- Experience in manufacturing and test processes is preferred.
- Experience with reading and interpretation is preferred.
- Experience in data analysis and industrial engineering and / operations is preferred.
- Experience in mechanical fabrication and processing preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated leadership in team environments.
- Selected candidates will have a strong desire to learn and an excellent work ethic.
- Coursework in work cell design and modeling.
- Familiarization with Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools.
- Coursework and lab experience with basic manufacturing processes.
- Strong competency in MS basic office skills, plus advanced MS Excel skills (meta data organization, data query, Visual Basic Macros). MS project and Visio experience a plus.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Technical Aide - Manufacturing Fall 2017 (661479)
Job ID: 661479
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Part-Time