Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Systems Engineer I - Mission Systems Analyst (660897) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer I – Mission Systems Analyst
This engineering position will have modelling and simulation as its area of specialization with a focus on analyzing complex system performance against mission-level needs.
What You’ll Do:
- Under the general supervision of a senior-level mission architect, you will analyze of variety of remote sensing architectures. Your systems analysis results will guide and/or set architecture, system and/or component requirements.
- Experience with MATLAB programming is required. Training for other packages may be provided as needed.
- You will work closely with hardware engineers to develop state-of-the-art system designs and analyze performance of hardware demonstrations.
- As a team member, you will contribute to completion of milestones within specific projects and provide solutions to a variety of technical problems.
- Preparing and giving presentations to peers/management/customers may be required.
- Responsibilities may include new business support in the form of proposal writing and/or cost/schedule estimation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field plus 2 or more years related experience is required. MS or PhD in Physics, Mathematics, or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Experience with analysis of systems, dissection of complex problems, and identification of key performance drivers.
- Strong MATLAB programming skills.
- Strong analytic modeling capabilities.
- Ability to document analysis results and write reports.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, management.
- Ability to contribute to the success of small teams through excellent teamwork.
- Ability to obtain a top secret security clearance required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.