Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Material Planner (661558) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Material Planner* *
What you’ll do:
- Quickly execute material procurements for various programs and customers supporting Ball campuses.
- Plan and procure material through use of an MRP system.
- Analyze material requirements against existing inventory.
- Plan and buy material (EEE) Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical, or mechanical hardware, via purchase requisition or purchasing VISA card.
- May review engineering drawings for identification of parts, materials and tooling needs.
- Provide material status reports via appropriate tools.
- Execute material transfers.
- Carry/move hardware and paperwork between work centers as required.
- Manage and kit material.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in a team environment in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary
What you’ll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 8 or more years of related experience or a related two-year technical degree and 6 or more years of related experience.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Clear and effective communication.
- Must be effective in use of Microsoft Office products and comfortable with computer systems.
- Must have buying or selling experience.
- Must have excellent material planning and analysis skills.
- Experience working with MRP systems.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with various manufacturing methods used to process materials and test components is a plus.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 and AS9100 environment is a plus.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Material Planner (661558)
Job ID: 661558
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time