Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Engineering Manager-Mission Systems Integration, Verification and Validation (661650) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Engineering Manager – Mission Systems Integration, Verification and Validation
This position oversees all resources to manage the Systems Integration, Verification & Validation engineering team and is responsible for developing and delivering products or services for a diverse set of customers. It lies within the Missions and Systems Engineering organization and reports directly to the Director of Missions and Systems Engineering.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the Systems IV&V; function with a high degree of technical capability and leadership competence.
- Provide vision and thought leadership to develop Ball Aerospace's Systems IV&V; competency.
- Manage employee hiring selection process, assign appropriate staff to programs, conduct performance assessments and personnel actions, support recognition programs, and ensure group has the appropriate processes in place to meet needs of programs and compliance with approved standards.
- Proactively engage programs to prevent/address issues.
- Ensure engineers are appropriately trained to meet needs of programs as well as employee career goals.
- Develop and improve integration, verification and validation methods and products to be aligned with strategic needs of the business
- Develop a succession plan for self + leadership roles within the organization.
- Communicate relevant higher-level information to department personnel.
- Manage responsibilities through delegation to lower level Leads.
- Optimize all of the above within allocated overhead budget.
- Provide part-time, direct support to programs or new business activities on an as needed basis.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or related technical field is required, plus 15 or more years of related experience.
- Experience working at a Management level with a highly skilled, senior group of Engineers.
- Significant technical experience, including the integration, verification and validation of space based remote sensing collection segments.
- Relevant work experience in systems engineering development, verification, and validation for space systems is highly desired.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Working knowledge of systems engineering best practices.
- Demonstrated competence in the following areas: Organizational Agility, Strategic Agility, Decision Quality, Developing Direct Reports & Others, Conflict Management, Managerial Courage, Hiring & Staffing, and Motivating Others.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Engineering Manager-Mission Systems Integration, Verification and Validation (661650)
Job ID: 661650
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time