Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Engineer - EMI/EMC (659826) - Security clearance required in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Engineer – EMI/EMC
What you’ll do:
- Define the electronics architecture for spacecraft subsystem and assembly level hardware. This includes: technology assessments, instrument and/or spacecraft requirements flow-down to electronic subsystems, electronic requirements analysis and allocation, electrical subsystem conceptual development/trade studies, design leadership, supporting hardware development efforts for current and future program needs and providing system integration and test support.
- Provide technical leadership and support to instrument remote sensing and/or spacecraft bus programs especially in the areas of EMI/EMC issues & planning.
- Participate and/or lead activities in all phases of a program life-cycle from concept development to on orbit commissioning.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Existing Top Secret level security clearance is required.
- Extensive experience in developing electronics systems for classified programs.
- Strong system level development experience (16 or more years) defining requirements, verification and validation methodologies, buying off requirements to deliver hardware to the next level of integration, etc.
- Strong system level analytical skills, FMECA, WCA, reliability, risk mitigation.
- Technical team leadership experience.
- Strong embedded processor-based electronics architecture experience.
- Experience with redundant fault tolerant avionics, self diagnostic and architecture/design.
- Detail hardware design experience.
- Knowledgeable of space environmental factors (radiation, EMI/EMC, etc).
- In depth awareness of highly redundant avionic architectures including trade-offs and characteristics of these architectures and familiarity of launch vehicle avionics.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to lead group discussions.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Engineer - EMI/EMC (659826) - Security clearance required
Job ID: 659826
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time