Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Senior Electrical Systems Engineer (660633) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Senior Engineer – Electrical System Engineer
Provide electrical system architecture and electronics implementation experience, knowledge, and technical leadership for cutting-edge digital imaging / camera design.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the infusion of new electrical technology and ensure the electrical system works end-to-end for imaging / camera systems.
- Lead electrical technology assessments and electrical system level architecture trade studies, electrical system definition, and electrical subsystem level requirements flow-down (analysis and allocation).
- Effectively operate within a multi-discipline imaging / camera system engineering team.
- Provide technical oversight to ensure the electrical system is compliant and verifiable at the digital imaging / camera level. Technologies include digital signal processing, high speed data transfer, low noise analog sensing, and low voltage power.
- Mentor and develop junior level electrical system engineers.
- Electrical subsystem level grounding, EMI/EMC/ESD allocations and implementation, and electrical interface control definitions.
- Identify and mitigate technical risks.
- Evaluate and optimize size, weight, and power.
- An ability to talk with both internal and external customers.
- Defining and implementing the test and verification program.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Current Top Secret clearance preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of electronics detailed design and analysis experience.
- Experience with high speed data transfer.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and the ability to effectively lead group discussions.
- Direct experience with camera systems is preferred but not required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Senior Electrical Systems Engineer (660633)
Job ID: 660633
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time