Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Propulsion System Principal Engineer (661360) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*Propulsion System Principal Engineer *
What You’ll Do:
- Provide technical leadership and architecture skills in the development of space-based Earth and Planetary space segment propulsion systems.
- Participate in the development of innovative propulsion solutions and architectures primarily for DOD mission opportunities, but also for NASA, NOAA and Commercial markets.
- Lead an engineering team through the development of new and/or refinement of existing propulsion systems including sizing, performance analyses, requirement allocation, design, verification, and flight operations
- Support Advanced Program development with writing and briefing proposals, responding to RFIs, writing white papers, and participating in proposal reviews.
- Support Propulsion Product engineering strategic activities and advise on improvement of existing products
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Desired experience in space segment propulsion system development.
- Familiarity with all industry standard Earth orbiting propulsion systems.
- Experience in system requirements development, architecture definition, design, assembly and integration, test and flight operations of completed propulsion systems is required.
- Proven track record in producibility of designs with cost, budget, and schedule constraints for self and others is essential.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with program and customer personnel.
- Awareness and management of system-level issues.
- Knowledge of modeling tools and techniques to predict and budget Delta-V system performance.
- New business development experience, including successful customer interaction, is desired.
- Excellent presentation and writing skills.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required. Travel required is up to 20%.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Propulsion System Principal Engineer (661360)
Job ID: 661360
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time