Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Process Center Technician II (660733) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Process Center Technician II
Support production and processing of aerospace hardware in a number of work centers within Manufacturing Process Centers, including Lubrication, Critical Clean, Metal Finish, and Paint.
What you'll do:
- Lubrication: provide cleaning and lubrication of motors, gearboxes, bearings and fasteners. Disassembly, lubrication and reassembly of intricate and delicate hardware is often required.
- Critical Clean: provide precision cleaning of hardware, assemblies and subassemblies. Stringent post cleaning verification testing is required.
- Metal Finish: process includes anodizing, chromate conversion coating, etching and passivation. Exacting masking standards are required for many of the processes.
- Work with solvents, acids and bases, and use personal protective equipment, gloves, safety glasses and occasional use of a respirator is required. Must understand and comply with all safety and environmental regulations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
- High School diploma or equivalent plus 4 years or more related experience or 2 years of technical school and 2 years or more related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and build documentation for aerospace hardware and use electronic engineering and production databases. Must be able to organize and document various data inputs.
- Position requires ability to read and interpret mechanical blue prints to determine masking and painting requirements for surface preparation for painting operations; application of paint coatings; detailed masking; operation of paint equipment and ovens; and, preparation of paint for application to hardware.
- Ability to pass in-house certifications including personal protective equipment, hazardous waste, hazard communication, crane, and cleanroom practices.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with engineers, assemblers, technicians, customers and auditors.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows operating system, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Previous experience working on delicate or critical hardware and in cleanrooms or clean benches is preferred.
- Previous experience with AGILE and Velocity software systems preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and compliance to industry, environmental, health and safety standards.
- Ability to perform work area maintenance activities including area organization, chemical handling and chemical replenishment.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP OR PERMANENT RESIDENCY IS REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.