Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer II-Systems and Software Test (660647) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer II – Systems and Software Test
What you’ll do:
- Help support the design, development, and maintenance efforts for an Electronic Test Systems (Support Test Equipment) for Spacecraft and Instruments.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software related to Test Systems.
- Perform on-call 24/7 support for Support Test Equipment failures.
- Review engineering design and software.
- Develop test procedures that include software scripts designed to verify spacecraft requirements and systems.
- Interpret and monitor test results from system-level testing. The use of test and measurement equipment for testing and troubleshooting electronic test systems is required.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years of related experience.
- Experience in the testing of space-flight instruments and/or spacecraft or related RF, electronic and electro-mechanical components and systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of real-time embedded software fundamentals is desirable.
- Knowledge and test experience using test automation applications and tools such as LabVIEW is desirable.
- Must have Linux and Windows Experience.
- Must have experience with Systems engineering, including requirements verification methods, and writing software scripts that are used to validate requirements.
- Must understand test processes including defining test strategies, test plans, test procedures and then following through on those test plans to execution and fault resolution.
- Experience in key electrical system designs such as MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, VME, cPCI, low-noise analog, 1394 "firewire", FPGA and custom designs is desirable.
- Experience with RF test equipment (including RF signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers) is desirable.
- Current security clearance is preferred.
- Must work well in a fast paced, team environment.
- Good presentation skills and communication skills a must, as well as demonstrated leadership and team building skills
- Ability to prepare and present technical information in front of large groups.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, and management.
- Ability to contribute to the success of small teams through excellent teamwork.
- Ability to document analysis results and write reports.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.