Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Engineer I-Electronic Systems Integration & Test (660609) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Engineer I – Systems Test
This engineering position will have electronics engineering as its area of specialization with test and evaluation of electronic circuits and/or systems as the focus.
What you’ll do:
- Help lead the design and development efforts for an Electronic Integration and Test (I&T;) program, including all test planning and cost and schedule management.
- Write, review, update, and implement test procedures as required. Maintain required test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Interpret and monitor test results from board, box and system-level testing. The use of test & measurement equipment for testing and troubleshooting electronic boards and boxes is required.
- Must understand test processes including defining test strategies, test plans, test procedures and then following through on those test plans to execution and fault resolution.
- Prepare and present technical information in front of large groups.
- Test components for suitability and testability in designs.
- Test and document development programs in preparation for potential production.
- Prepare technical documentation and give presentations to peers and management.
- Responsibilities may include new business support in the form of proposal writing and/or cost/schedule estimation.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company.
- Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years’ related experience.
- Current security clearance is preferred.
- Experience in the testing of space-flight instruments and/or spacecraft or related RF, electronic and electro-mechanical components and systems are desirable.
- Experience in key electrical system designs such as MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, VME, cPCI, low-noise analog, 1394 "firewire", and custom designs is desirable.
- Knowledge and test experience using test automation applications and tools such as LabVIEW is desirable.
- Experience with budget, schedule and planning for performance and environmental testing is desirable.
- Must work well in a fast paced, team environment.
- Good presentation skills and communication skills a must, as well as demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Must be able to support and mentor a small team of technicians and junior engineers.
- Experience with RF test equipment (including RF signal generators, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers) is desirable.
- Ability to document analysis results and write reports.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with technicians, peers, senior-level engineers, business development, and management.
- Ability to contribute to the success of small teams through excellent teamwork.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.