Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace EMI / EMC Associate Test Engineer (660767) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
EMI/EMC Associate Test Engineer
Responsible Test Engineer for conducting EMI/EMC tests within the Test Operations Department. Work with internal and external customers and will be the responsible Test Engineer for testing state of the art aerospace products, understanding test requirements, facility capabilities, equipment capabilities and fundamentals of EMI/EMC test operations.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct EMI/EMC tests for state of the art aerospace products.
- Perform testing, write test reports and review program provided test procedures to ensure customer requirements are met. These requirements will be compared to lab capabilities to identify gaps and collaborate to close them prior to arrival of the unit under test.
- Work with a team of Test Engineers, Design Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers, Hardware Quality Engineers, Inspectors, and Technicians.
- Develop test engineering documentation (e.g. plans, procedures and reports) and present test results to internal and external customers.
- Engineer and lead process improvement initiatives and capital programs to build and maintain a world class test facility. Make continuous improvement suggestions, participate and lead projects.
- Assimilate diverse data and recommend actions to drive technical solutions to complex problems.
- Review and accurately interpret schematics, drawings, specifications and procedures for completeness and compliance to test requirements.
- Proactively work with internal customers to understand test requirements.
- Define new equipment needs; forward vision and plan development.
- Ensure the testability of hardware designs and procedures.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS in Electrical, Test Engineering or RF Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Knowledge of Mil-Std-461C/F, Mil-Std-1540, Mil-Std-1541, IEEE Std-299-1997, and RTCA-DO160G preferred.
- Leadership skills and effective presentation skills.
- Anomaly resolution experience.
- TILE 7.0 knowledge preferred.
- Desired INARTE (International Association for Radio, Telecommunications and Electromagnetics) certification.
- Effective communications for regular interaction with higher level management and customers.
- Ability to work cross organizationally with process shareholders.
- Facility maintenance experience highly desired.
- Security clearance required.
- Knowledge of data acquisition and storage schemes.
- Knowledge of metrology and utilization of calibrated equipment.
- Experience working with program critical hardware.
- Will be required to obtain company certifications.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: EMI / EMC Associate Test Engineer (660767)
Job ID: 660767
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time