Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace EEE Parts/Component Engineer II (661016) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
*EEE Parts Engineer- Engineer II – Space Avionics (Bus and Payload) *
Lead and/or work with Parts, Radiation and Reliability engineers to support design teams in the selection, evaluation, analysis and documentation of Electrical, Electronic, and Electromechanical (EEE) parts across customer and program portfolios.
What you´ll do:
- Perform Parts and component Engineering functions on complex programs using proven industry techniques and principles:
- Evaluate EEE parts against aerospace program screening, and qualification requirements such as NASA EEE-INST-002 or Aerospace Corp. TOR.
- Leverage and maximize company standard parts library usage across programs & product class.
- Process Non-Standard Part Approval Requests.
- Assist Design Engineering and Supply Chain Quality Assurance with part and vendor selections.
- Work with a Parts Control Board to approve EEE parts;
- Maintain and update Program Approved Parts Lists to meet requirements and maximize company standard parts library usage.
- Generate part control drawings as indicated by the program requirements..
- Review new GIDEP Advisories and Alerts for program impact.
- Perform data reviews and pre-cap inspections as directed and applicable.
- Write and present reports documenting analysis results and anomaly results.
- Lead the Parts/component Engineering effort on aerospace programs:
- Interface with program personnel such as designers, customers, suppliers, management, and mission assurance disciplines to provide low cost solution that meets program requirements.
- Translate customer requirements into internal procedures through the construction of a Mission Assurance Plan, based on BPL (Ball Process Libraries) and ISO processes.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you´ll need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Collaborative working skills with programs, cross disciplinary teams and with management.
- Expertise/experience with connectors is a plus.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required. Should have or must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: EEE Parts/Component Engineer II (661016)
Job ID: 661016
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time