Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Director of Spacecraft Engineering (661726) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Director of Spacecraft Engineering
This position reports to the Vice President of Engineering at Ball Aerospace.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage the Spacecraft Engineering organization at Ball Aerospace.
- Set and lead the strategy for the Spacecraft Engineering organization to include optimal organization design, spacecraft capability development, and employee development.
- Develop efficient support of proposal development and new business support including effective use of company heritage.
- Develop robust project engineering capability.
- Coordinate efficient utilization of capital assets to develop, test and verify our spacecraft offerings.
- Establish, develop and maintain strong relationships with Engineering peers, internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Be a principal member of the Engineering leadership team.
- Provide functional management of principal staff to support the breadth of managed responsibilities within the organization.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or a related field, plus 15 or more years of related experience in technology management and strategic direction. An advanced degree is preferred.
- A current active DoD/Top Secret clearance is required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Director of Spacecraft Engineering (661726)
Job ID: 661726
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time