Ball Corporation / Ball Aerospace Analog/Power Supply Engineer II (661265) in Boulder, Colorado
Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Electrical Engineer – Analog/Power Supply Design – Level II
What You’ll Do:
- System and detail circuit development of space based, high reliability electronic systems, modeling and simulations, with prime focus on power and general analog and power supply electronics/
- Perform detail analysis - WCA, PSA, reliability, risk mitigation & work with Parts engineers to select and approve EEE parts to meet program requirements.
- Work closely with PWB packaging and layout engineers.
- Help to define and implement test and verification methodology at the board and provide support box level.
- Lead resolution of hardware anomalies root cause and corrective action at board level.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field plus 5 or more years of related experience is required.
- Familiarity with analog electronic circuit design, electronic systems, as well as software.
- Experience with Schematic capture tools – Mentor DxD, OrCad is preferred.
- Experience with power systems, detector low noise analog electronics or mixed signal design a plus.
- Experience with Matlab, PSPICE/LTSPICE, Mathcad is preferred.
- Hands on experience with power supplies, oscilloscopes, function generators, and logic analyzers is required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong presentation skills, and ability to work with internal and external customers.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance is required.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Job Title: Analog/Power Supply Engineer II (661265)
Job ID: 661265
Location: CO - Boulder
Full/Part Time: Full-Time